The rock wallaby is a medium-sized colorful marsupial. It is thought to come out at night while at day the rock wallaby will stay in shelter or steep.
Learn More: What do beavers like to eat?
Rock Wallaby Facts for Kids
- Depending on species, rock wallabies weigh around 1 to 12 kilograms.
- Like kangaroos, wallabies are extremely quick on land.
- Rock wallabies will usually make habitats near steep terrain or rugged shelter where they take refuge from predators.
- The adult wallaby can reach the length of about 59 cm.
- Rock wallaby has a tail of about 70 cm in length.
- They are highly nocturnal animals. Rock wallaby will come out to eat at night. During daylight hours, they prefer to stay in shelter.
- Rock wallabies are mostly most active before sunrise.
- There are 17 types of rock wallabies.